At Travel Your World, we specialize in custom itineraries tailored to your travel needs, interests and provincial educational curriculums. Studies have shown that students are more likely to retain information when they are offered the opportunity to experience hands-on learning. Knowing this information, we plan, design and implement the ideal trip that encompasses learning and adventure in countless subject areas.
As avid travellers ourselves, we understand the importance of comfort and organization while travelling. All of our itineraries are curriculum-based and custom designed. It is rare to find a duplicate Travel Your World itinerary unless a teacher wishes to repeat a previous tour for a different class in the exact same way.
- Expert advice
- Detailed and customized planning
- All-inclusive pricing
- Attentiveness to budget
- Comprehensive travel insurance rates
- Private group travel and touring (we never “join” other groups)
- Pre-departure checklists, presentations, and personalized documentation
- The most direct flight options
- Quality hotels, restaurants, and on-the-ground transportation
- Local, licensed, and knowledgeable guides
- Around-the-clock support
Let the world be your classroom and
the history and wonder of your world, the curriculum.
So… get Inspired!
Here are some ideas on where your next learning adventure can take you.
Every part of our world is steeped in history. This makes crafting itineraries very exciting. We understand the information presented in the curriculums and utilize this knowledge when planning itineraries. For example, many Grades 11 and 12 Canada and World Studies Curriculum feature a strong focus on global political conflicts from early Western Civilization to the 20th Century. With this knowledge and close collaboration with respective teachers, we have been able to craft itineraries that fit their needs and highlight key locations in their lesson plans, like the ancients ruins of the Greco-Roman Empire, the concentration camps of Poland and former Nazi-run Germany, and the many Battlefields of Europe including Ypres, Vimy, and Normandy.
Math & Sciences
There are a variety of safe and engaging destinations around the world that can inspire the curious minds of our youth today. Science turns evermore real walking in the footsteps of our world’s legendary leaders of math, science, and engineering – Galileo and Michelangelo and Leonardo. Biology comes to life as students explore nature’s biodiversity and marine ecosystems of Australia, Belize, Costa Rica and Ecuador (Galapagos Islands). Venture to Iceland, Hawaii or New Zealand to learn about the natural wonders of geothermal activity first hand. Budding physicists can even experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity exploring the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) facility!
Religion is a fascinating subject bearing significance to philosophy, geography, history, culture, and spirituality for many. Our one-of-a-kind offerings of theology and faith-based tours engage students in a deeper learning of their own religious or cultural customs and also inform them about the practices of others. We offer a variety of educational and spiritual tours including ones that have highlighted the admiration of Catholic Saints throughout Europe, the footsteps of the late Pope John Paul II from Poland to Rome, the Old-New Synagogue in Prague, ornate shrines and temples of Asia, and the Mahabodhi Temple – the site of Buddha’s enlightenment – in India.
Languages are a fundamental part of learning and global engagement. Immersion has proven to be greatly beneficial to understanding and developing multilingual skills. A language descends deeper than a simple tool of expression. Each language comes with its own culture, history, and nuances. We immerse ourselves in language and culture to bring ourselves together. Our itineraries showcase interaction and participation amongst new cultures to help our students perfect their second language – whether it be German, French, Italian, Spanish or Mandarin – in destinations around the world.
We believe that one of the best ways to learn about the places and cultures we encounter is to explore it with our taste buds. Local markets, native produce, national dishes and interactions with local chefs and food artisans offers us the opportunity to appreciate cultures and traditions on a whole new level. Culinary classes in destinations around the world are some of our student’s most treasured activities. Memorable culinary-based itineraries include Paella-making in Madrid, pasta-making with Nonna in a Tuscan castle, Peruvian Markets in Cusco and an authentic Cabane à Sucre experience in Trois Revières, Quebec.
Fine Arts play an important role in educational development. We strongly believe in the power of learning through acceptance and explorations of the arts. Our world is full of ideal locations for travellers to experience art through music, theatre, film, dance, sculptures, paintings, photography, design, and fashion. Experience the theatres and studios of New York City, London and even Stratford Ontario! Admire the Renaissance sculptures of Italy, calligraphy in China, and ancient pottery from all over the world. There are countless discoveries awaiting the artistic traveller.
Beautiful and compelling literature is often read from pages but really felt in places. Although we have yet to find the wardrobe that leads to Narnia, there are a variety of engaging and captivating destinations that inspired our world’s finest writers to create their literary masterpieces. From the poets of Ireland to Jane Austen’s former homes in Bath and Chawton… to the humble Parisian home of Victor Hugo… and the Hemingway hangouts in Spain. The literary world is at our doorstep!
In the age of global awareness, our youth are increasingly exercising values around serving others. Students take on a new perspective when given the opportunity to help others who are unfortunate to live and learn in a lesser environment. We have witnessed the interactions of students meeting their peers from various corners of the world who have never seen a computer, much less learn from one in the classroom. Students have described this type of experience to be rewarding as they create lifelong lessons helping others improve their quality of life.
Fabric, textiles, and the art of fashion! From London, to Paris, to Milan, to New York, Montréal and Los Angeles, fashion design is eternal. Experiences the shows, textile Museums, backstage, behind-the-scenes costume and makeup. Participate in workshops, design classes, and even tour the Juilliard School and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
Need School Board Approval?
We can assist you with your proposal to your principal and school board authorities. Contact us for more information on sample custom itineraries, comprehensive travel insurance information, references or general enquiries.
Interested in participating in our tour? Let’s get the ball rolling…
- Invite all interested students and their parents to attend our info sessions (typically presented at parent-teacher nights).
- Ask lots of questions! Discuss the purpose of the trip, the itinerary, payment plan, required documentation including travel documents, medical emergency plans, rules, regulations, and participant selection process.
- Clearly communicate the rules that apply during a school-group tour. Students must understand that the same code of conduct applies as if they were present on school grounds. Inform students on school policies (especially one relating to consuming alcohol and/or drugs) during a school trip.
- Ask for more presentation times that are convenient for you, your students and parents.
- Expect lots of communications. Travel Your World will contact interested students and parents prior to any meetings with a personalized invitation and reminders to attend.
- Need more info or have more questions? Contact TYW for a customized power point presentation.
Get the word out!
- We provide you with personalized itineraries, TYW posters, flyers and other print material for you to advertise your trip.
- We encourage you to start now…the earlier the better! This gives parents, students, and other interested folks the opportunity to plan, fundraise and save.
- We help organize parent meetings. We encourage students to announce the meeting dates in all classes, their colleagues, and at assemblies. A TYW representative is available to provide support if needed.
- Personally, invite anyone who you think might be enthusiastic about your trip. Travel is contagious!
- Set deadlines for submitting your application and payments.
- Collaborate with us, your teachers and fellow travellers to create a timeline and checklist to prepare for your big trip.
- Advertise, advertise, advertise, advertise!
I Am a Teacher.
I was born the first moment that a question leaped from the mouth of a child. Throughout the course of a day I am called upon to be an actor, friend, nurse, doctor, coach, finder of lost articles, money lender psychologist, substitute parent and keeper of the faith. I am the most fortunate of all who labor. I know that what I build with love and truth, will last forever. I am privileged to see that life is reborn each day with new questions, ideas, and friendships.
And who do I have to thank for this wonderful life I am so fortunate to experience? You, the public and the parents who entrust to me their greatest contribution to eternity, their children. I have wept for joy at the weddings of former students, laughed with glee at the birth of their children, and stood with head bowed in grief and confusion by graves dug too soon for bodies far too young. I have a past that is rich in memories, I have a present that is challenging and fun because I am allowed to spend my days with the future.
I am a teacher and I am thankful for it every day.
-John Wayne Schlatter