A Pilgrimage from Krakow – The City of Saints – to Rome – The Eternal City exploring the footsteps of remarkable figures in history who have served and enriched many hearts.
- Krakow – Old Town UNESCO site, Main Market Square, the splendid St. Mary’s Basilica, the Cloth Hall, and the Wawel Hill with the magnificent Royal Castle and Cathedral.
- Follow Oscar Schindler and the Schindler’s Jews – before the Second World War Poland was home to the largest Jewish community in Europe. Discover the rich history of over 800 years of Jews in Poland, which almost completely ceased to exist after the war. Explore Kazimierz, the former Jewish district and the film locations of “Schindler’s List” and the Museum in Oscar Schindler’s Factory.
- View the certified copy of The Cloth of Turin, located in the Chapel of Passion
- Visit Jagiellonian University and marvellous courtyard of Collegium Maius building – related to specific sites of Pope John Paul II
- Wadowice – the birthplace of John Paul II. Here we see his Family home and the Basilica where he was baptized.
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska (UNESCO site), the second largest pilgrimage centre of the Marian devotion in Poland
- Lagiewniki, the world-famous Shrine of the Divine Mercy, the burial place of St. Sister Faustina Kowalska, the Apostle of God’s Mercy who died here in 1938
- Auschwitz-Birkenau, the symbol of Holocaust and the Nazi crime. See the exhibition in the prisoners’ blocks, the Block of Death (no 11 where St. Maximilian Kolbe died), the crematorium and the gas chamber. Then we move to Birkenau, the Gate of Death, the wooden barracks and the Victims Memorial.
- Visit the oldest and largest Salt Mines in Europe (UNESCO site) – discover the treasures of the mines i.e. chambers, lakes, chapels, including famous St. Kinga’s Chapel with its magnificent decorations all carved in salt. Pope Saint Paul often held mass celebrations here.
- Czestochowa – St. Paul’s Hermit monastery in Jasna Gora (the Bright Mount), where the miraculous painting of Our Lady, known as Black Madonna is kept.
- Rome – A grand tour of Vatican, St. Peter’s Basilica, discover the beauty of the Pieta, the breathtaking interior work of Bernini and then the incredibly restored Sistine Chapel. Papal Audience and Sunday Morning Mass at the Vatican.
- Ancient Rome – following in the path of Caesar exploring Ancient Rome, from the Colosseum to the Forum, see the Arch of Titus, the Palatine Hill, the Arch of Constantine and the Mamertine Prison (where it is said that St. Peter and St. Paul were to be held as prisoners), visit the Santa Maria in Trastevere, and the Basilica of St. John at Lutheran
- Assisi – the beautiful home of peace loving Saint Francis, who founded the Franciscan Order in 1208. Visit the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Basilica di San Francesco, the Duomo di San Rufino and the Basilica di Santa Chiara.
- San Giovanni Rotondo and the Shrine of Padre Pio – visit the Cappuccini convent and the old chapel as well as the new Sanctuary, the Santa Maria delle Grazie church where the body of Saint Padre Pio now rests.
Day 1 – Depart on your international flight to Krakow
Day 2 – Arrive in Krakow, Witamy w Polsce (Welcome to Poland)! Your local guide will meet you upon arrival and transferred to your accommodation. Once you are settled in, you will enjoy a 1-hour walking tour of the Main Square including a Holy Mass in a chapel at St. Mary’s Church.
Day 3 – Visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the opportunity to participate in Holy Mass in one of the underground chapels in Wieliczka Salt Mine followed by a 2-hour guided tour of the Wawel Hill with the Royal Cathedral and the Castle (outside). Enjoy your afternoon at leisure. Optional Tour: the Schindler’s Factory.
Day 4 – Visit Czestochowa for a guided tour of Black Madonna Shrine. Participate in Holy Mass at one of the chapels in the shrine. Then, continue to Auschwitz-Birkenau. Enjoy lunch at Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum followed by a guided tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau guided tour.
Day 5 – Visit Kalwaria Zebrzydowska (short time for devotion) then continue to Wadowice. Take in a guided tour of the Family House of St. John Paul II, visit the Basilica, and then continue to the Divine Mercy Shrine. Participate in a brief moment of devotion, then meet the sisters from the convent for a lecture on Divine Mercy & S. Sister Faustina. Participate in Holy Mass celebrated by your priest in one of the chapels in the lower basilica.
Day 6 – Depart Krakow on your morning international flight to Rome. Buongiorno! Welcome to Roma! Upon arrival, you will be met by your local guide and transferred to your accommodation. This afternoon, enjoy a guided walk along Via Appia, or visit the Catacombs at your leisure. Tonight, indulge your taste buds in an authentic welcome dinner in Rome.
Day 7 – Participate in morning mass and enjoy a free day to explore Rome with Father Peter.
Day 8 – Explore the grandeur of the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel. (Papal Audience: To be confirmed)
Day 9 – Explore Ancient Rome from the Colosseum to the famous Forum where you’ll see the Arch of Titus, the Palatine Hill, the Arch of Constantine and the Mamertine Prison. It is said that St. Peter and St. Paul were held as prisoners of Mamertime. Continue your explorations to the Santa Maria in Trastevere and the Basilica of St. John at Lutheran.
Day 10 – Enjoy an entire free day at leisure! Optional touring include a visit to Assisi, the beautiful home of Saint Francis or the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Basilica di San Francesco, the Duomo di San Rufino and the Basilica di Santa Chiara, or the San Giovanni Rotondo and the Shrine of Padre Pio. *Extra fees will apply for these excursions.
Day 11 – Tour concludes. You will be transferred from your accommodation to Rome-Fiumicino Airport for your flight home.
- International return airfare from Edmonton, Alberta (YEG Gateway)
- International airfare from Krakow to Rome
- 4-night accommodations in Krakow and 5-night accommodations in Rome
- All breakfasts and 2 incredible dinners
- Mass celebrations daily
- private coach and driver in Krakow and in Rome
- Mandatory Travel Insurance
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges (approximately CAD$700.00)
- Wifi and/or internet
- (Excess) Baggage Fees, pre-paid seat selection and return transfers from your place of residence to your departure and arrival gateways
- Lunches, dinners, and beverages (meals estimated at CAD$50.00 per day)
- Gratuities, optional sightseeing and any items of a personal nature