COMIDA Y VINO
Savour your taste buds from Madrid to Porto
Madrid ~ Santo Domingo ~ Logroño ~ San Sebastián ~ Peñafiel ~ Valladolid ~ Douro Valley ~ Porto
Tour Dates: May 20 – 30, 2019 – Space Still Available
To book spots on this tour please contact 780 739 2245 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Indulge your senses on a 10 day wine, food & cultural discovery from Madrid to Porto with Travel Your World!
*Please note: This day to day itinerary is subject to final changes.
**Please note: All participants are responsible for arriving into Madrid on time to meet with the rest of the group for your Welcome Tapas dinner at the ‘Hotel Regente’ on May 20, 2019. It is suggested that you leave your chosen gateway no later than Sunday, May 19, 2019.
Day 1 – Mon. 20 May 2019 – Madrid (D)
¡Bienvenidos a España! Enjoy an authentic welcome Tapas Dinner this evening in Madrid. Depending on your time of arrival into Madrid, optional tours will be available. Overnight in Madrid, Hotel Regente or similar.
Day 2 – Tues. 21 May 2019 – Madrid (BD)
After breakfast, discover Madrid. Today, enjoy a half day city tour, a Paella-making culinary experience and a private Flamenco show. Overnight in Madrid, Hotel Regente or similar.
Day 03 – Wed. 22 May 2019 – Santo Domingo / Logroño (BL)
Today, venture from Madrid to Logroño via a stop in Santo Domingo. Discover Santo Domingo on a guided walking tour then continue to Logroño for lunch and tasting tour at a local winery. Overnight in Logroño, Hotel Gran Via or similar.
Winery ~ Bodegas Muga
Day 04 – Thur. 23 May 19 – La Guardia /San Sebastiãn (B)
Today, venture from Logroño to San Sebastian via a stop in Laguardia, the heart of Spain’s Rioja Region. You will tour and taste some of Spain’s most iconic wine styles at a local winery in Laguardia. Overnight in San Sebastian, Hotel Palacio de Aiete or similar.
Winery ~ Bodega El Fabulista
Day 05 – Fri. 24 May 2019 – San Sebastiãn (B)
Today, discover San Sebastián – Spain’s gastronomic capital! Venture on a foodie walking tour – Degustación de Pinxos – and enjoy a free afternoon sipping wines at the local watering holes in old town San Sebastián. Overnight in San Sebastián, Hotel Palacio de Aiete or similar.
Day 06 – Sat. 25 May 2019 – San Sebastiãn (B)
Today enjoy a free day in San Sebastián. You may choose to take in the beautiful beaches, take a short 20 minute drive to the border of France or Lourdes, France is only 2 hours away! Another great idea is to venture to Bilbao for the day and discover the heart of Basque Country including an entry to the Guggenheim Museum. Overnight in San Sebastian, Hotel Palacio de Aiete or similar.
Day 07 – Sun. 26 May 2019 -Peñafiel / Valladolid (B)
Today, depart San Sebastián to Valladolid via a stop in Peñafiel. Explore the exquisite Wine Museum and tour of the Peñafiel Castle – an impressive fortress that was once an important point on the line of defence of the Duero River, for both Christians and Moors, during the 9th and 10th centuries. Overnight in Valladolid, Hotel Silken Austria or similar.
Winery ~ Bodega Protos
Day 08 – Mon. 27 May 2019 – Pinhão (B)
Today bid farewell to Valladolid and to España, as you venture to Porto along the majestic Douro Valley. You will stop in Salamanca for a brief tour before crossing the border into Portugal taking in the majestic Douro Valley. Overnight in Pinhao, Hotel Folgosa Douro or similar.
Day 09 – Tues. May 28 May 2019 -Douro Valley & Porto (B/L)
Indulge in the breathtaking scenery of the Douro Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as you venture into the city of Porto. Enroute, enjoy a visit at a local family owned winery. Overnight in Porto, Hotel Vila Galé or similar.
Winery ~ Adega De Favaios
Day 10 – Wed. 29 May 2019 – Porto (B/D)
Full free day in Porto. Optional tours will be available.
Tonight, enjoy your a relaxing final evening tour and your farewell dinner. Overnight in Porto, Hotel Boavista Porto or similar.
Day 11 – Thurs. 30 May 2019 – International Flight Home (B)
Your tour has ended, today you depart for home.
Adeus e viagens seguras! Goodbye and Safe Travels!
(B – Breakfast L – Lunch D – Dinner)
- Private Small-Group Touring
- Private Transfers
- 10 nights accommodations and all breakfasts
- Your personal and private licensed TYW tour director
- Knowledgeable and local english speaking city guides
- Welcome Tapas Dinner in Madrid and farewell dinner in Porto.
- Lunches as indicated in your day to day itinerary
- A Paella-making Culinary Class & Private Flamenco Show
- Wine tastings and samples as indicated in your day to day itinerary
- Entry fees as indicated in your itinerary
- Guided walking tours as per your day to day itinerary
- Travel Your World ‘Travel Kit and Documents’ prior to departure
- Return international airfare from your chosen Canadian gateway city. If you would like a quote on airfare please contact TYW at email@example.com | 780 739 2245
- Mandatory Travel Insurance. Please contact TYW’s Insurance Specialist, Tracy Unser, for a quote today at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Excess) Baggage Fees, pre-paid seat selection and return transfers from your place of residence to your departure and arrival gateways
- WiFi and/or Internet and long distance calls
- Lunches, dinners, and beverages not identified in your itinerary.
- Any ‘free-time’ optional sightseeing including add-ons mentioned in your day to day itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
Total packaged price for dates – May 20 – 30, 2019 – based on 18 participants and double/twin occupancy accommodation (single supplement is an additional $600.00 per person) and 2018 land rates is CAD $3,695.00 per traveller payable by e-transfer or Visa or MasterCard (additional 4% applies for credit card payments). For airfare, tour deviations, other travel dates, add-ons or upgrades, please inquire with email@example.com.
© 2018 Travel Your World International Ltd. | Terms and Conditions