Our expert knowledge, decades of experience, and trusted global partnerships connect you with custom-design, one-of-a-kind, inspiring, and authentic worldwide destinations.
- Who? High Students, University Students (Working Holiday transition), Educators;
- Who? Small ‘Special Interest’ Groups;
- Who? Single Travellers, Couples, Family Groups;
- Who? Wedding Groups, Honeymooners, Special Destinations Events and Executive retreats/incentives…
…and all who love to explore and experience our world and inherit life-long fulfilling memories.
We explore worldwide destinations! The possibilities are endless as we custom-design any travel experience you hope to achieve, including
- Active Journeys
- Marine -Sailing, Barging, Small Ship Cruising & Liveaboard Diving
- Trekking, Hiking, Cycling Adventures
- Worldwide Safaris
- Exotic Sunny Escapes
- Wine & Culinary Discoveries
- Music & Fine Arts
- Golf and Global Sporting Events
- History & Ancient Civilizations
- Religious, Spiritual & Faith-Based Pilgrimages
- People, Landscape & Wildlife Photography
- Wellness & Yoga Retreats
- Fashion Landmarks & Icons
- Global City Escapes
- ‘On-Location’ Film Settings…. and much more!
- What? Which destinations or local attractions would you like to visit? What curricular outcomes do you want to be included in your travel itinerary?
- When? Spring, summer, fall or winter?
- Where? We help narrow down the destination that excites you the most!
- Why? To provide an opportunity for every individual – students, educators, adults – to learn by seeing and experiencing their world.
School Board Approval
- Submit a proposal to your Principal and School Board authorities. TYW helps you with this!
- Check the school calendar for other school events that make cause conflict.
- Contact TYW for more information on our included Manulife Insurance policies, references or other concerns.
Promote Your School or Special Interest Group
- We provide personalized TYW posters, flyers and other print material to your trip
- We encourage you to start now…the earlier the better! This gives parents, students, and other interested folks the opportunity to plan, fundraise and save.
- For Student Groups, we help organize parent meetings early on. We encourage students to announce the meeting dates in all classes, their colleagues, and at assemblies. A TYW representative is available to provide support if needed.
- We help Special Interest Groups organize meetups where we can spread the word face to face!
- We advertise Special Interest Groups on our website and social media pages
- Personally, invite anyone who you think might be enthusiastic about your group. Travel is contagious!
- Advertise, advertise, advertise, advertise!
Students, for your Educational/Curriculum Tours…
Promote to your school-mates!
- Get the word out. Set a meeting date and time
- Play lively cultural music, provide snacks from your destination, photos, and sample souvenirs to help build excitement and anticipation.
- Distribute the itinerary, highlighting the exciting activities during the trip.
- Discuss deadlines for application and a brief summary of the timeline for the preparations for the trip.
Ask your Parents and Teachers for help!
- Invite all the interested students and their parents to attend.
- Discuss the purpose of the trip, the itinerary, payment plan, required documentation including travel documents, medical emergency plans, rules, regulations, and participant selection process.
- Clearly, state your policy on students consuming alcohol and drugs during this trip.
- Invite your Tour Manager to attend, to provide support and answer questions.
- Pick a convenient time for interested parents and students.
- Email parents of interested students prior to the meeting with a personalized invitation to attend.
- Be sure to have enough applications available
- Make the meeting fun and exciting in a similar way to the student meeting.
- Provide time for parents to ask questions.
- Contact TYW for a customized power point presentation.
Take note of everyone you know who is interested!
- Clearly, indicate registration deadlines.
- Clearly, state your withdrawal and refund policy.
- Contact undecided parents and students to remind them of the deadline for applications.
- Encourage students to share their excitement about this opportunity with others.
I Am a Teacher
I was born the first moment that a question leaped from the mouth of a child. Through out the course of a day I am called upon to be an actor, friend, nurse, doctor, coach, finder of lost articles, money lender psychologist, substitute parent and keeper of the faith. I am the most fortunate of all who labor. I know that what I build with love and truth, will last forever. I am privileged to see that life is reborn each day with new questions, ideas and friendships. And who do I have to thank for this wonderful life I am so fortunate to experience? You, the public and the parents who entrust to me their greatest contribution to eternity, their children. I have wept for joy at the weddings of former students, laughed with glee at the birth of their children, and stood with head bowed in grief and confusion by graves dug too soon for bodies far too young. I have a past that is rich in memories, I have a present that is challenging and fun, because I am allowed to spend my days with the future.I am a teacher and I am thankful for it every day.
-John Wayne Schlatter