A Pilgrimage from Krakow – The City of Saints – to Rome – The Eternal City exploring the footsteps of remarkable figures in history who have served and enriched many hearts.
- Krakow – Old Town UNESCO site, Main Market Square, the splendid St. Mary’s Basilica, the Cloth Hall, and the Wawel Hill with the magnificent Royal Castle and Cathedral.
- Follow Oscar Schindler and the Schindler’s Jews – before the Second World War Poland was home to the largest Jewish community in Europe. Discover the rich history of over 800 years of Jews in Poland, which almost completely ceased to exist after the war. Explore Kazimierz, the former Jewish district and the film locations of “Schindler’s List” and the Museum in Oscar Schindler’s Factory.
- View the certified copy of The Cloth of Turin, located in the Chapel of Passion
- Visit Jagiellonian University and marvellous courtyard of Collegium Maius building – related to specific sites of Pope John Paul II
- Wadowice – the birthplace of John Paul II. Here we see his Family home and the Basilica where he was baptized.
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska (UNESCO site), the second largest pilgrimage centre of the Marian devotion in Poland
- Lagiewniki, the world-famous Shrine of the Divine Mercy, the burial place of St. Sister Faustina Kowalska, the Apostle of God’s Mercy who died here in 1938
- Auschwitz-Birkenau, the symbol of Holocaust and the Nazi crime. See the exhibition in the prisoners’ blocks, the Block of Death (no 11 where St. Maximilian Kolbe died), the crematorium and the gas chamber. Then we move to Birkenau, the Gate of Death, the wooden barracks and the Victims Memorial.
- Visit the oldest and largest Salt Mines in Europe (UNESCO site) – discover the treasures of the mines i.e. chambers, lakes, chapels, including famous St. Kinga’s Chapel with its magnificent decorations all carved in salt. Pope Saint Paul often held mass celebrations here.
- Czestochowa – St. Paul’s Hermit monastery in Jasna Gora (the Bright Mount), where the miraculous painting of Our Lady, known as Black Madonna is kept.
- Rome – A grand tour of Vatican, St. Peter’s Basilica, discover the beauty of the Pieta, the breathtaking interior work of Bernini and then the incredibly restored Sistine Chapel. Papal Audience and Sunday Morning Mass at the Vatican.
- Ancient Rome – following in the path of Caesar exploring Ancient Rome, from the Colosseum to the Forum, see the Arch of Titus, the Palatine Hill, the Arch of Constantine and the Mamertine Prison (where it is said that St. Peter and St. Paul were to be held as prisoners), visit the Santa Maria in Trastevere, and the Basilica of St. John at Lutheran
- Assisi – the beautiful home of peace loving Saint Francis, who founded the Franciscan Order in 1208. Visit the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Basilica di San Francesco, the Duomo di San Rufino and the Basilica di Santa Chiara.
- San Giovanni Rotondo and the Shrine of Padre Pio – visit the Cappuccini convent and the old chapel as well as the new Sanctuary, the Santa Maria delle Grazie church where the body of Saint Padre Pio now rests.
- International return airfare from Edmonton, Alberta (YEG Gateway)
- International airfare from Krakow to Rome
- 4-night accommodations in Krakow and 5-night accommodations in Rome
- All breakfasts and 2 incredible dinners
- Mass celebrations daily
- private coach and driver in Krakow and in Rome
- Mandatory Travel Insurance
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges (approximately CAD$700.00)
- Wifi and/or internet
- (Excess) Baggage Fees, pre-paid seat selection and return transfers from your place of residence to your departure and arrival gateways
- Lunches, dinners, and beverages
- Gratuities, optional sightseeing and any items of a personal nature.
Total Price is based on return travel dates – 23 April to May 3, 2018 – from Edmonton Albert (YEG). Total price per adult traveller based on double occupancy is CAD$3,450.00.00. Departures and arrivals from other gateways quotes are subject to additional fees and availability at the time of booking.