Discover a new and fascinating way of exploring the Belgian & Dutch countryside – by biking and deluxe barging! Enjoy the beautiful scenery, culture, riding at pace, and fun!
Experience the great cities of Western Belgium and the Netherlands. Barge cruise through Belgium’s Delta Province of Zeeland, explore the enchanting cities of Bruges, Ghent, and historic Antwerp, discover the fortified town of Willemstad, wind your way along the Vecht river with its impressive mansions and country houses, savour every scrumble of Gouda from the place it was invented, and admire the awe-inspiring 19 windmills in Kinderdijk.
Cycle with the group and guide or on your own with a set of maps and directions ‐ the choice is yours.
In the evenings, relax on board your comfortable barge or explore the towns on foot.
Itinerary at a glance
- Day 1 – Join barge in Bruges, afternoon and evening to explore
- Day 2 – Cycle the Flemish countryside to Ghent (45km)
- Day 3 – Cycle to Dendermonde / St-Amands (40 or 53km)
- Day 4 – Cycle to Antwerp, evening at leisure (42km)
- Day 5 – By barge to Kreekraksluis (lock) and Tholen, cycle to Willemstad, barge/bike to Dordrecht (25-45km)
- Day 6 – Sail to Kinderdijk, cycle through Dutch meadowlands to Schoonhoven and Vianen (50km)
- Day 7 – Sail to Breukelen, cycle along the Vecht river to Nigtevecht and on to Amsterdam (35km)
- Day 8 – Trip concludes in Amsterdam
- Walk the cobblestoned streets of Bruges and Ghent
- Cycle past a variety of landscapes including windmills of Kinderdijk and the river Schelde
- Sample local specialities including Belgian waffles, beer and mussels
- Soaking up the hospitality onboard the comfortable barge
- 7 nights accommodation aboard a Category A+ barge with ensuite facilities on a twin share basis
- 7 breakfasts, 6 picnic lunches and 6 dinners.
- Your 7-speed trekking bike with handbrake or backpedal brake and pannier (electric bike upgrade available on request ‑ supplement applies).
- An information pack including route notes & maps, your experienced multilingual guide for fully guided cycle tours and daily briefings.
- Several city walking tours, linen and change of towels as required, with daily tea and coffee until 4pm
- International flights
- Mandatory Travel Insurance
- Wifi and/or internet
- (Excess) Baggage Fees, pre-paid seat selection and return transfers from your place of residence to your departure and arrival gateways
- Lunches, dinners, and beverages not identified in your itinerary.
- Driver/Guide gratuities, sightseeing and any items of a personal nature.